Skip to content
- Quality and Quantity both there in 2017. Should be a Bonne Année but for some (lower yields in the right plots) could be a Grande Année.
- Market holding up in general: volumes exported often down (shortage of Chablis and whites in general) but value is up (2015 reds)
- Vézelay now has full appellation status (for whites), the 44th village AOC in Burgundy
- Bourgogne Côte d’Or can be used from this vintage. More on this to follow separately.
- The enemy is at the door! Some are worried about the possibility of planting vast swathes of Vin de France in the plain of the Saône, right next door. Can’t really see it myself.